Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Vocabulary Game: Perfect for ESL Kids!

I LOVE this idea! I am always looking for new and fun ways to teach and review vocabulary.  Here is a great one I saw on Pinterest today, designed especially for young kids.


It is a vocabulary pancake flip game!  I would adapt it for ESL kids by adding pictures to the "pancakes" (it would be great for beginners).

I might also use this method as part of a "pancake unit."  It would pair perfectly with a couple of my favorite kid books featuring pancakes:

Pancakes for Breakfast is a wordless book, great for language development and growth of retelling and conversational skills.


Another favorite:

Nate the Great is just plain fun (and the main character LOVES pancakes!).

All of this talk about pancakes is making me hungry . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment